Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Rock 'N Roll Party!!


Fake Paul Stanley is pointing at YOU, Cedar Rapids!!!


Pictured above you see Kings of the Nighttime World. They are one of about 25 KISS tribute bands that tour the US. Yours truly, Nickhead Tightpants, saw them Saturday night in all their glory. It was fanfuckintastic.

We got there about 9PM, just in time for the action. After a few drinks the place was knee deep in fake KISS rockedness. During the second or third song I went up toward the small stage and fake Paul Stanley started throwing guitar pics out to the crowd. When I say "the crowd" I mean the 6 people actually standing up close to the stage. The picks started hitting people who weren't even watching the band and falling on the ground.

Later on, when fake KISS was at full force, fake Paul Stanley threw out a t-shirt and it landed on my left shoulder. A hand from behind me reaches around and starts ferociously ripping at the fake KISS shirt thinking I'm fighting him for it, but what he doesn't realize is that he has a handful of my shirt as well and is nearly tearing it off my body. After a few tugs I turn around and calmly say "Dude, thats my shirt." I don't quite remember what happened after that but I know that a bit later what must have been his girlfriend told me thanks for letting him have the shirt. I told her I was glad to let him have it as long as I got to keep mine.

The rest of the show was pretty uneventful (except for pure rock fury), until the end of the night. My Friend decided it was a good idea to take what was left of his bottle of beer and start spraying people. This is when we left. We get outside to find about 5 police officers standing with a group of people asking about some fight that had just happend. Time to get the fuck out of there. I call a cab and me, HotStuff (my girlfriend), and My Friend ride home. We get to my house and My Friend has to take a piss. Me, being the gentleman I am, let HotStuff hold My Friend up while he pisses in the flowerbed in front of my house. My Friend was drunkenly stumbling backward and forward until he gained enough momentum to fall face first into the dirty mess that is now Pissy Flowerbed.

The rest of the night consisted of some disgusting delivery pizza (do any good places deliver at 2AM?) and Eddie Murphy RAW on Comedy Central.

DISCLAIMER: It may seem like I am making shit out of the KISS tribute band above, but I want to make it clear that Kings of the Nighttime World put on an excellent show and everyone had a great time that night. Oh yeah, and Cedar Rapids is the rock 'n roll capital of Iowa, real Paul Stanley said so.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perl Success Stories: Two Million Emails a Day
As an example of the scalability of qpsmtpd, the apache.org mail servers currently process more ... Weblog authors are solely responsible for the content and accuracy of their weblogs, including opinions they express, and O'Reilly Media, Inc.
Just wanted to let you know that I dig your blog! I'm definitely adding it to my bookmarks. Keep up the great work. BTW I also have a dish network satellite site that discusses dish network satellite related topics. Come by some time to check it out.

9/28/2005 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home